The Judge for the 2012 Honey Show was be Lynne Kelton. Lynne is a University of Georgia/Young Harris College Bee Institute certified Welsh Honey Judge.
If you have any questions about the rules or show protocol, please feel free to contact Damon Wallace (our Vice President) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All State Meeting attendees are encouraged to consider participation in the Honey Show. Ribbon awards will be issued to the winners in each class.
First Place-Blue Ribbon
Second Place-Red Ribbon
Third Place-White Ribbon
Best of Show- Medallion Ribbon
Winners must be present at Closing Convocation to receive the ribbons and bragging rights.
· Only registered Alabama Beekeepers Association members, in attendance at the 2012 State meeting, may enter.
· Judges and stewards are excluded from competition.
· The Alabama Beekeepers Association Honey Show Board reserves the right to limit the number of entries on a first-come, first-admitted basis.
· There are fourteen show classes:
Contestant may enter in any or all classes but may enter only once per class. The same jars of honey cannot be entered in both the black jar class and another extracted honey class.
Only one black
jar honey is required.
Only one black jar honey is required.
· Submit chunk honey in standard one-pound chunk honey jars with wide mouths and straight sides. Insert only one piece of comb in jar. Tamper-proof seals are not acceptable and should be removed prior to submitting your honey for judging.
· The sole criterion in the black jar class is flavor. Your single (1)jar entry will be placed into black jars by staff. Tamper-proof seals are not acceptable and should be removed prior to submitting your honey for judging.
with moisture over 18.6% will be disqualified.
. Honey with moisture over 18.6% will be disqualified.
· Beeswax entries must be pure beeswax. Dyes, added fragrances, glitter or paints are not acceptable. Candle wicks and wick retainers are permitted.
Photography entries must be single photos. Multiple
photographs in a single frame are not permitted.
. Photography entries must be single photos. Multiple photographs in a single frame are not permitted.
· All cosmetic entries must have a card stating the approximate percentage of “products of the hive” – honey, beeswax, propolis, pollen, royal jelly, venom, et al – that the product contains.
· Do not label products in any way. An identifying code sticker will be assigned to your entry at registration.
o 8:00 – 8:30 AM Friday, 12 October 2012
o 12:00 – 1:00 PM Friday, 12 October 2012
o 8:00 – 8:30 AM Saturday, 13 October 2012
Entries will not be accepted after 8:30 AM Saturday 13 October 2012, at which time the room will be closed so that judging may begin.
END of show rules.
END of show rules.
The Alabama Honey Judging Contest Results.
The following table shows all classes and who won what ribbon at the 2012 convention.
No input was available for the 2010 convention.
The following table shows all classes and who won what ribbon at the 2009 convention.
Last updated 5/15/2013 brf/dw